One of the best things about writing on a blog is that I get to share some of my favorite products. As you know, I’m an Amazon junkie – Sam and I buy almost all of our goods there. We’re Prime Members so we love their fast two day delivery. Full disclosure, I’ve sprinkled in some affiliate links in. However, I’d never, in a million years, share with you something that I don’t love myself. These products are tried and testing, they’re stuff I can’t live without. My favorite things to share are fashion and beauty products. So here goes!
1. Neiman Marcus Classic Cashmere Duster Cardigan – Right now, this is a steal! I love the feel of cashmere but I always wrote it off to because I thought it was too expensive. Well, Neiman Marcus has got a sale going on right now where this duster jacket is more than half off! It’s $160 versus $325. I wear my statement Skylar Yoo tee and jeans with it or put on a white button down and black leggings and layer it on top. I love how soft and indulgent it feels! I have it in red.
2. Comme des Garçons® for Converse low-top sneakers – These are my go-to sneakers. I love the playfulness of the logo – the heart with the cute eyes. You can dress this up or down, with a dress or with jeans.
3. Radha Beauty USDA Certified Organic 100% Pure Oil – 4 oz. (Rosehip) – I’ve always suffered from acne. In high school it was bad, I would have these massive volcano eruptions on my face and as I got older there would be little bumps everywhere. I went to the dermatologist and he recommended Epiduo Forte which helps me from getting those big bumps. BUT THEN! I found Rosehip oil on Amazon and starting reading all of the reviews on how it cleared up people’s skin. I decided to give it a try and, I swear to God, my skin has never looked better! I hardly have any small bumps now and my old acne scars have gotten lighter. The combination of Epiduo and Rosehip oil might be the trick or it could just be one or the other.
4. Louis Vuitton Neverfull bag – Though I love to follow fashion trends, I’m more into classic pieces. Louis Vuitton’s iconic bag, the Neverfull, recently got a nice makeover with the option of a red interior. It’s the perfect size to carry all of your goods in – I fill it with books, my planner, my wallet and my make-up bag. It’s definitely an investment, but I know I’ll have this purse forever.
5. 2-1 Glitter Release Eyeliner by Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty – At first, I was hesitant to buy this liquid liner. I like my eyeliner a bit smudged. However! Rub this liquid eyeliner to see a surprising glitter effect. It’s not too obvious, it’s just subtle enough that you’ll notice the sparkling change.
6. VIV Collection Updated Best Selling Popular Printed Brushed Buttery Soft Leggings Regular and Plus 40+ Designs List 4 – On my search for the perfect, most comfortable legging, all signs pointed to LuLaRoe. Being an introvert, I decided I would never go to one of their parties to buy their leggings so I hopped onto eBay and bought their leggings…for more than retail! To me, it was worth it, though. No uncomfortable chit chat. Then, I discovered VIV Collection leggings. Like LuLaRoe they have some God awful patterns so I stick to just black but I can attest to the fact that they’re buttery soft like LuLaRoe and they’re hella cheap at $12.99.
7. Confetti sequins dress – I spotted this dress on LiketoKnow.it on an Instagrammer with the handle @andeelayne. Being a big fan of that rainbow confetti look, I knew I had to have this for one of my upcoming trips – either Alt Summit or Create & Cultivate. I still need to lose about 10 pounds so I don’t look like I’m having a baby but I’m determined to wear this beauty!
8. Casper bed – I love Sleep Number beds but recently I switched to a Casper. It’s the perfect firmness and I am now getting great sleep! There’s a reason why so many people rave about this company.
9. Incase City Backpack – Black – CL55450 – If you’re looking for the perfect laptop bag for your boyfriend or husband, check this one out. It has tons of places for cords and it’s big enough to fit a 17 inch MacBook Pro. I like the little details like how there’s faux fur lining in the laptop compartment so it protects the computer. Sam used to carry around a beat up North Face bag, this one is much sleeker and he really loves the minimalist design.
10. The Perfect White Button Down Shirt by Ann Taylor – I’m always looking for the perfect, crisp white button down shirt that I can wear with jeans, black pants or a skirt. This one’s sizes go from 00 to 12, meaning they just don’t use the common small, medium, and large. It makes for a more perfect fit. The length is just right, I own three!
11. PureSteam XL – High-Powered Standing Fabric Steamer with Garment Hanger and Fabric Brush – This steamer completely changed the way I take care of my clothes. I used to be an “ironing” girl, but after I found this steamer, I can take out all the wrinkles in my favorite shirts in a quick few minutes. This is great for those of you who’ve purchased Skylar Yoo tees.
12. Kate Spade Small Square Multi-Stud Earrings – Again, I’m a big fan of confetti so when I saw these earrings, I knew I had to have them. They’re the perfect size, not too big or too small and they liven up any outfit. They’re a bit bigger than your average studs. They’re more like a statement piece.
13. Apple iPad mini 4 (128GB, Wi-Fi, Silver) – For Christmas this year, my two boys got their own Apple iPad minis. We try to limit screen time since they’re semi-addicted to the game Minecraft. It’s amazing what they can build, though! Sometimes our whole family jumps on and we “virtually” say “hi” to each other. I like how this iPad is small enough for the boys to carry around, our old ones, that we passed down to them were too bulky and slow.
14. Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action – Simon Sinek’s book, Start With Why, really made me think about why I wanted to start Skylar Yoo. What was my purpose? If you’re starting your own business, this is a great book to read.
That’s it for now!